June 01, 2009

Leaving for the Middle Kingdom

Finally, the day arrives for my departure to Beijing. I'm ready to go.

I’m at the Tokyo Narita airport, on my 4 hour transit to Beijing. So far, it’s been very uneventful. The peacefulness of it all is almost numbing. I feel nothing. No excitement, no fear, no nervousness. I’m just too exhausted right now. Can’t wait to sleep in Beijing. Just glad it’s all over on the Chicago side and ready for my new life ahead in a brand new territory. Ready to take on the challenges of making new friends all over again, learning Chinese again, exporing new areas, eating new food, finding my way again in this big wide world…of China. With all the anxiety I had about my luggages being too heavy, my paperwork too open-ended inviting suspicion from customs and security checks at the airport, anxiety about getting the cab driver to understand directions to the apartment and having the keys to open to door to the apartment, everything could not have been smoother sailing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment