January 27, 2011

Thank God for the weather!

I am in paradise...literally. Weather here hits a high of 27ºC during the day and a low of 20ºC in the night. Very temperate. No sweating. I almost feel guilty for literally being here enjoying the sun in my face when I think of the unseasonably freezing cold that has encapsulated all of Europe, the US Northeast and Midwest regions including my beloved Chicagoland. It even SNOWED 4 inches in Shanghai today resulting in flights cancelled and vegetable prices doubling as a result of transportation issues.


Here I am, cruising around Tantalus - a gorgeous mountain road winding through a dreamy tropical rainforest spotted with hiking trails; watching a man doing a relatively new thing called 'stand up paddle boarding' on Sandy Beach near Makapu'u and watching people cliff jumping at Port Lock on the island of O'ahu. Life doesn't seem quite fair, does it? Feel like stopping and kissing the ground I'm walking on.







No comments:

Post a Comment