November 18, 2011

Baby's Life lessons

As usual, Elton laid his hand on my belly tonight to feel the baby's kicks, turns and punches as he spoke to it. It almost seems like our baby knows it's his daddy talking to him and wants to interact the only way it can right now - by kicking me! 


I whispered excitedly, "We're going to meet our baby face to face in three months! Can you believe it?". Elton smiled and slowly said, "It's going to be the first time you'll understand how much your parents love you." I was stunned to silence. More often than not, I've always thought of myself to have turned out so differently from my parents. Hardly have I thought of myself to become like them. But somehow as I responded, the words flowed out like water, "True." It was the only thing I could think of to say. Amazing. My baby is going to help me see the world in a whole new way. 

1 comment:

  1. parenting teaches us so many things.. we somehow think we'd know better than our parents..until one day we find out "Hey..I'm sometimes like my mum." or "wow...mum was right.." or "I understand now how mum/dad felt when I...." haha.. Enjoy the joys of parenting..I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. :) (hugs)

    ReplyDelete