March 02, 2011

Holy Moly Granola

Holy Moly Granola
I made my own granola today. I figured it's a great nutrient packed fat free breakfast and a nice snack throughout the day. Turned out it was so easy to make. The best part was, not only did I make it for one-sixth the price at the stores, it was packed with 4 times more ingredients. I made sure it was worth my time by adding all the best nutrient packed superfoods I've learnt recently. I call it my Holy Moly Granola. Here's the recipe.

Dry ingredients:

6 cups whole rolled oats
3-4 cups mix of nuts (sliced almonds, pecan, groundnuts, apricot)
3-4 cups mix of seeds (sunflower, pumpkin)
1/4 cup black sesame seed
1/2 cup white sesame seed
3 tbs flax seed
4 tbs shreaded unsweetened coconut flakes
5 tbs wheat germ
2 tbs cinnamon powder
1 cup cacao nibs
1 tbs sugar
3/4 tsp salt

Wet ingredients:
3 tbs canola oil
1 part maple syrup
1/4 cup goji berries (soaked)
3-4 part mix of dried fruits (papaya, blueberries, cranberries)

Heat oven to 375ยบ. Mix dry ingredients together. Pour wet ingredients over and mix well. Place on a pan in the oven lined with wax paper for 30 minutes. Lay it out to cool when it’s done. The longer the crispier. But be careful not to bake it too dark. Mix in the goji berries and dried fruits when it’s completely cooled. It’ll store for 5 weeks. 

1 comment: