May 12, 2011

Separation


Today is the first time Elton's been apart from me since I arrived in Hawaii three months ago. I miss him. Eventhough I know he'll be flying back tonight, I already feel the voidness of his presence here on the same island with me. Yet I appreciate him so much more. The day seems so much enjoyable, doing things together. Eventhough sometimes, all we do is laze around doing absolutely nothing but sit in each other's arms and talk. 


Shakespeare once wrote, Parting is such sweet sorrow! It's true. It is possible to have too much of a good thing. We forget the good that we have and start to lose perspective. Sometimes, it's good for couples to be apart and be involved in other things. It makes the coming together so much sweeter. It deepens the longing to be together again. And the sharing that much more special. 

No comments:

Post a Comment