July 21, 2011

Sympathy weight

They say there's such a thing as sympathy weight that some husbands gain in sympathy for their wives when they're pregnant. Elton is one such person. It's funny but endearing. It melts my heart seeing him grow a little bulge on his belly or break out in pimples every once in a while. Today, he made a typical Taiwanese dish for the first time - pig's feet stew. Its a signature dish in chinese cuisine even among the cantonese and is essentially pig trotters simmered for hours. At first, I was a little disgusted at the thought of eating pigs feet but he said it's apparently rich in gelatin, calcium, protein and collagen especially for pregnant and nursing mothers to maintain strength, flexibility of skin and assist in milk production. I was convinced enough to try a little. One bite and I was hooked! I couldn't stop! I was the tastiest stew I'd ever eaten. I dug in with both hands, gorging on it like a ravenous wolf. I guess he not only satisfied his own craving for meat, I did too. Sigh...the crazy things preggies do!

No comments:

Post a Comment