April 10, 2011

Love is Hard

Elton and I re-dedicated our love to each other again today. We had a big blow up yesterday. For about 15 minutes, we said a lot of mean things to each other which were hurtful, damaging and cruel things to each other.  In the course of us being hurt and upset, we quickly forget what the issue is really about. Daggers come out and all we want to do is be right and hurt the other more and more so we get our way. I think each time couples argue, a little love is lost. I was at this low point where I could not see what we were working towards anymore. I felt like we were heading in a different direction where there was more and more lack of respect for each other, less regard for things that made us loving partners who edified each other, protected one another, is unselfish, giving, forgiving. 


I felt so broken hearted, I did not know what to do. Elton suggested focusing on the biggest I love I have in me - my relationship with God. He suggested we pray together every morning when we wake up and every night before we go to bed. The last couple days have been the most wonderful days we've spent together. Our consciousness seem to have open up.  As we've allowed God to be the center of our lives, He has drawn us closer to each other in ways I've never imagined. When we pray together, we become in tuned with what is at the crux of our concerns for the day, week or the day before as we listen to each other's prayer. We're more sensitive to each other's feelings. During the day, unconsciously we love each other through selection of words, expressions and tone of voice. Loving someone is hard. It's a continuous learning process. We've got so much to learn. But I think with the right person, it's going to be worth it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment