February 03, 2011

Black Power

Someone once told me that white sesame seeds are good but black sesame is better. Black foods are always better. I wasn't quite sure why but today I just read this interesting article about black foods like japanese eggplant, black vinegar, black rice, silkie chicken (the one used for chinese herbal soups) shiitake mushrooms, blackberry, black tea and black sesame seems. Most of them contain antioxidants which help prevent cancer, coronary heart disease and altitude sickness. They're also rich in calcium, magnesium and iron which is good for the kidneys, blood circulation and bad cholesterol. Since I come from a family with many with high cholesterol, lost every grandparent to heart attack, and an aunt who has survived cancer twice and lost an uncle to cancer, I'll be trying to add these superfoods to my diet.





No comments:

Post a Comment