February 04, 2011

Sprouting buckwheat

I've recently learnt that sprouted buckwheat is a superfood packed with enzymes. Eating live (uncooked) enzymes are essential for helping speed up bodily functions like food digestion, our muscles, nerves and bones. Sprouted buckwheat is also rich in rutin which helps in preventing varicose veins or hardening of the arteries and lecithin. Lecithin soaks up “bad” cholesterol and prevents it from being absorbed. Since our brains are 28% lecithin, it may actually prevent anxiety, depression, brain fog, mental fatigue and generally make the brain sharper and clearer.

So I tried sprouting buckwheat and it was surprisingly easy. Within 2 days, I had sprouted buckwheat so I added them to my hemp granola and nut milk, sprinkled with honey, flaxseed and sesame seeds. Found it surprisingly delicious! 








No comments:

Post a Comment