February 01, 2011

Locomoco

Makes you want to run around the house pretending to be a choo choo train yelling out Kylie Minogue's 'Locomotion' song "Do the loc do the loc do the loco loco motion!!!..." 
It's a local meal in Hawaii - a layering of gravy on eggs over easy, meat patty and rice from top to bottom. Jesse made this patty with his personal mix of carrots, celery, breadcrumbs, turkey and onions. In addition, he added a layer of provolone cheese between the patty and the egg. It's a pretty heavy meal but delicious. 


I discovered a bad word today. Tryptophan. It's a amino acid in turkey ( and in lesser amounts in pork, chicken and eggs) that creates a sleep inducing effect and lethargy. I always thought meat was just too heavy for the body to process. Didn't realize it also contains natural chemicals that caused sluggishness in human body! I had a hard time keeping my eyes open after that turkey patty. Not a big fan of meat now that I started on my raw food diet. Hope to learn more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment