February 10, 2011

Nut and Seed Milk vs. Cow milk

When Jen introduced me to raw food, she taught me how to make nut milk as a substitute for cow's milk. One main element of being a raw foodist is to avoid any animal products. That includes animal milk. In today's globalized economy, it's harder and harder to know exactly where our food comes from and what kind of chemicals are in cow diets from which eventually goes into its milk which we consume. Nut milk is said to be far superior to animal's milk because it does not contain any cholesterol or lactose (a kind of sugar). In addition, it contains natural oils which are good for our bodies. This is one of my favorite chocolate shakes I like to make with my nut or seed milk. It's pumpkin and sunflower seed milk, banana, raw cacao powder and honey. Simple, delicious and good for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment