February 04, 2011

Mommy Power

Mothers are such special people. After a difficult day, all it takes is one short conversation with my mom, hearing her voice to make everything seem alright. She's the pillar in the family who keeps everything together. Without her, our family would be scattered. She's the one who stands in the middle when we start to grumble amongst each other, she's the one who cooks the dinner to bring everyone together that one time of the day, she's the one who can break my heart and send me bursting into tears with one single word. My relationship with my mother has never been smooth growing up. I've only gotten close to her in the last few years of my adult life. Age seems to have crept up on her gracefully as she's mellowed. And age has taught me to see things in her I had never realized before. Just last December, I managed to tell her, "I love you, mommy." She gave me a long hug. Later, I broke down in tears silently, overwhelmed with love for someone whom I regard as the rock in my life. And I think she doesn't even know it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment